Friday, June 22, 2012

Green Clean: a few of my favorite recipes by popular demand

Borax free laundry soap:
3 cup arm & hammer super washing powder
1 1/2 cup baking soda
3 bar dr. bonner castile soap grated
10-15 drops of essential oil if you like. I like lavender or tea tree.

Mix up and use. 1 table spoon washes a big ol' load of laundry. In a front load washer! (Or a top loading washer..I've used this in both with good results!) If you want to have your clothes softened, add 1/4 cup of vinegar or cider vinegar to the fabric softener basin. Your clothes won't smell like vinegar. Trust me.

Dishwasher mix:
1 cup borax
1 cup baking soda (not washing soda)
1/2 c coarse sea salt
1/2 c citric acid
white vinegar to the rinse aide section to break up and clean off the remaining bits of soap.

Personally...i haven't tried this yet. But I want to. So I'll share it with you. Maybe you'll try it and let me know? :-)

And here's a borax free version, if you are borax free:

Borax free Dishwasher mix:
1 1/2 Cups Lemi-Shine (They come in 12 oz containers, so this is a full one)
 1 1/2 Cups Washing Soda
 1/2 Cup Baking Soda
 1/2 Cup Sea Salt (any will do I’m sure)
white vinegar to the rinse aide section

Scouring scrub:
Dr. Bronner's liquid castille soap
baking soda
Mix to make a paste and scrub away at anything from your toilet to your bath tub and beyond. This works really well in place of comet powder.

Happy house keeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment