Thursday, October 25, 2012

Crunching on squirrels is NOT the kind of Crunchy I want going on in this house!

Okay..maybe eating squirrels is acceptable to some of you. I know hunters and such who are all to happy to bag a cute little critter. But that's not what I'm writing about today...

I'm writing about the puppy dog and her new found NEED to eat EVERYTHING SHE FINDS ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. We've been going for these lovely walks and lately she's been coming up with some interesting finds: Dead frogs, squirrells and possums. Bugs, grass and bits of corn that have blown off from the crops. It all goes in her mouth and I have NO idea how to break her from this disturbing habit. I know, I know...she's a dog and it's what dogs do. They roll and frolic in dead things in order to stink themselves up. I understand it on an intellectual level but as we're walking along...all that logic flies out the door and is replaced by the immediate need to scream and leap away from the dead thing my sweetie has discovered.

So..any thoughts or tips? I love my girl and I love our walks together but I'd like to be able to get home without having to repeatedly gag at what she eats before I can stop her.

No comments:

Post a Comment