Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ten Uses for Lavender Essential Oil

Lavender happens to be one of my favorite scents of all time, right next to Lilac. I love the stuff but I hadn't really given much thought to it's usage beyond scenting items. So I thought I'd look some up. I was surprised by what I found! So here are ten uses for my FAVORITE of essential oils: 

1. A drop of lavender  on a bug bite or bee sting will stop itching and reduce swelling. 

2. Lavender has been used forever for insomnia. Drop several drops into your palm then rub it over your pillow for deeper sleep. 

3.To reduce or minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage lavender oil on and around the affected area.

4. Place a few drops of lavender oil on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer which will deodorize and freshen your laundry.

5. Diffuse lavender oil to alleviate the symptoms of allergies.

6. A drop of lavender oil on a cold sore will reduce swelling. 

7. Rub lavender oil on the back of your neck, chest, and in between your eyes to alleviate sinuses, sinusitis, allergies. This is also very helpful for a headache. 

8. Place a few drops of lavender oil on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer which will deodorize and freshen your laundry.

9. Massage a few drops of lavender oil into your lower abdomen or apply a hot compress onto the area, which a little lavender oil has been sprinkled.

10. Add 8 drops of lavender oil and 4 drops of peppermint oil to a teaspoon of jojoba oil. Pour it into a cool-to-lukewarm bath and soak for 10 minutes to reduce the pain of a sunburn. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious about #9. Is this for belly cramps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. Lavender Essential Oil

    ReplyDelete