Saturday, August 11, 2012

I LOVE the mixed media community

I've been in a number of online communities in my day (I was a teenager in the 90s...I grew up with AOL!) I've done role playing, fan fiction writing, crafting and knitting communities and recently I've been following the world of "Mixed media" art as I'm trying to branch out into being an "artist" myself.
I love this community! We are a crunchy bunch, happy to drop paint all over any old item (cardboard? Used cereal boxes? tin cans? Oh yeah! Bring it on!) I love the freedom of being able to combine watercolor, acrylics, crayons, clay, glitter, glue, collage, sketching, craft paint, expensive paints and so on and so on...all in one piece if you want! I love the ladies and gentlemen who are fearless enough to try this! I love how everybody gets so ramped up for new artists, new classes and new ideas and will willing share tips, tricks and techniques oftentimes for free. I love that there's a class and place for everybody, from the cutesy to the grungey and back again.

Some of my favorite places?
Ady Almanza's www.dolldreams.ning.com
Stephanie Gagos' www.healingtruthsanctuary.com
Less Herger and company's www.artjournaling.ning.com
Effy Wild and her Glitterhood at http://bookofdays.org/
Willowing at www.willowing.ning.com
Suzi at www.suziblu.ning.com
Carla Sonheim at http://www.carlasonheim.com/
YOUTUBE and all the wonderful free videows from people like :
Milliande
Diana Trout
Traci Bunkers
Tracy Bautista
Donna Downey
and on and on and on...it's really an amazing community! Check it out, even if you don't think art is for you, you will likely surprise yourself at what you discover you CAN do!


No comments:

Post a Comment