Monday, September 24, 2012

What do you consider to be "Me time"?

"Me time": that proverbial quest of mothers everywhere. A few precious moments to carve out of a day to indulge in something for you and you ALONE. No caregiving to kids or other family members (including hyperactive puppy dogs), no tending to chores, no...expectations. But what do you consider to be "me time"?

For me, "Me time" is any time I have to myself that is unstructured. No working on blogging, no working on school..this all has some level of "obligation" attached to it, and therefore, it's not relaxing. "Me time" has to be free of obligation. "Me time" also can not included taking another person along with you. Yes, it's fun to go to the library over in the college town near us, but bringing along my sisters and son, this makes it an outing, not time to myself to be alone with my thoughts and therefore, not "Me time" (but definately still an outing I enjoy!)

"Me time" has to be totally selfish. It means locking the kids out of the bathroom so you're not interrupted twenty times during your bath, or putting a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on your bedroom door if you wish to indulge in a nap. "Me time" is the time to squander, to sneak and steal if you have to. It's not "borrowed time" because you should have no intention of giving it back.

"Me time" is more valuable than gold to mose mothers. What do you do for yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment